1.29.2011

It's a nice day for white wedding...

My biggest DIY project ever was my wedding. I literally planned & made everything myself (with the occasional helping hand of my MOH or husband). 

This was my to-do list:

  • Save the Dates
  • Invitations
    • belly bands 
    • Inserts
      • directions
      • rsvp
      • hotel info 
    • Invite
    • wrap around labels 
  • Program Fans
  • Card Box
  • Centerpiece/Table Numbers
  • Photo-share Cards
  • Water bottle labels
  • Table Runners (thanks mom!)
  • Runner w/monogram painted on for cake table
  • Seating Chart
  • Pomander Balls for ceremony
  • Bracelet
  • Necklace
  • "We Do" letters for cake table
  • Bridesmaids Jewelry
    • Necklace
    • Earrings 
  • Cake Topper
  • Shoe bling
  • add waistband to hoop skirt
  • getting ready tanks
    • Bride
    • MOH
    • BM
  • Cupcake Stand
 I'll be posting instructions and pictures of how I made most of these items. Today we're going to start with Save The Dates, misfortunately abbreviated StDs.

I got the cards & envelopes from Michael's in the stationary section, they can in packages of 10 A7 flat cards & 10 envelopes. Since I didn't send out many STD's this worked out well for me. I purchased 2 packs for $4.99 each and used a 25% off coupon.

Envelopes lined and with a cute little bouquet embossed on the back. To line envelopes, trace the fold of your envelope onto the paper you want to line with then cut out approximately 1/4 inch smaller than your "pattern" I used double sided tape to adhere around the glue line on the envelope and just under the fold.







This is what the magnet looked like - I removed our last names and our website for privacy reasons. They are business card sized magnets ordered from Vista Print. 
They turned out alright, the Scriptina font on the black background wasn't the best idea since the font is so skinny. And I've yet to figure out how I managed to leave "Save the Date" in such a yucky, boring font but I was happy enough with them, they served their purpose and didn't cost a fortune.

After the magnets were attached, I punched 2 holes horizontally in between the cheesy rhyme and "formal invitation to follow" and then took a orange piece of ribbon and tied it in a knot.

For me, StD's were completely unnecessary I had a lot of out of town guests but they were all my immediate family and were well aware that my wedding was coming up. I really did these simply because I wanted to so keeping the price as low as possible was a must. Overall, I only spent about $1 each for these including postage.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...