8.26.2011

Friday Fave Five 8.26

It's Friday again, woo hoo! Here are a few of my favorite things this week:

Pin:
This cracks me up!
Source: piccsy.com via Julie on Pinterest


The Big One
On Tuesday we felt a slight tremor from the NE earthquake down here in Charleston. When I say "tremor" I mean that if you were sitting totally still you could feel a slight bit of movement that I would equate to that feeling you get when you first start getting tipsy. According to one person in my office however, the building was "swaying" and it was "intense". And of course, we (and by we, I mean this one person) had to call every.single.person we knew and say "did y'all feel that" with every phone call the intensity intensified, it was hilarious. So thank you, earthquake for providing my friends and I with several hours of entertainment!

The Big One #2 (and no, I'm not talking about poop)
I'm guessing that y'all have heard about Irene. On Monday the track was showing it making a direct hit in Charleston. Funny thing about east coast storms is that early tracks always seem to have them slamming into Charleston and yet they (almost) never do. But this prompts half the city to reflect on the last big one, Hugo, and go batspit crazy and buy all the water in the city. No really, as of Tuesday there were places that were totally out of water and by then the track had changed gifting the Outer Banks with Irene. As I write this Miss Irene is sitting about 200 miles off the coast of Charleston. Today we're expected to see a few outer rain bands accompanied by some wind. Charleston County has shut down their offices. Schools are closed or are closing early. And the weather, well so far it's no different than any other rainy day...except that there's really not been any rain.
I guess I should say that by no means am I saying that hurricanes are "no big deal" because they are. If you are in the path of Irene, I sincerely hope you and yours come through the storm safe & sound. Below is a just one picture of the damage caused by "The Big One".


Today, 22 years later, there are still boats scattered across the barrier islands of Charleston that were washed ashore by Hugo. Most notably of those is this one as you approach Folly Beach.

 No one ever claimed the boat – so a year or so after Hugo, someone had the smart idea of painting a message on it. And ever since, layer upon layer of paint has been applied. Many very artistic! For birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, "I love you’s", "marry me" and just about every other message you can imagine. The Folly Beach Boat has become a landmark on Folly and will probably be here for years to come.


Picture Taken:


Sassy just loves having her picture taken!
Random 80's Song on the Radio:

I LOVED the Go-Go's when I was a kid and I heard this on the way to work this morning.




What were your favorite things this week?
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...