6.29.2011

Pinterest Made Me Do It

I'm sure if you read a blog (which obviously you do) or have a blog, you've probably heard of Pinterest by now.

If you haven't here's what Pinterest has to say about itself:

Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard. Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.


And here's what I have to day about Pinterest:


It's AWESOME and quite possibly my most favorite place to lose an hour or two on the internet! Here are a few things I would have never found and tried without Pinterest.


Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Mine were not even close to this pretty, they had a "moss that grows on old stumps" color to them.
Source: flickr.com via Julie on Pinterest

Ham & Cheese Sliders ~ YUM! I didn't use poppy seeds because I didn't have any and they're a bit pricey if you don't have know how you'll use the whole container.


Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes ~ Not a fan, it was the steak sauce, I think, that ruined it for me. Maybe without that it would be a bit better.


Father's Day Card ~ Sassy & I made this for Rob's 1st Father's Day. Have you ever tried to trace a 9 month old's hand? It's not easy! for the "this much" section I pieced together scrapbook paper so that it was as long as she is tall. He loved it and of course, I forgot to take a picture of it.


And last but not least,

Banana "Ice Cream" ~ I just used frozen bananas and a bit of Nutella in my version and it was delicious! I don't have a food processor or a blender (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before that I'm no cook) so I used a mini electric chopper I found hiding in a cabinet. It worked but definitely took longer than one of those fancy food processors :)


So that's some of the fun that Pinterest has brought me, along with a crap-load of other fun stuff that I would like to try some day. If you're not on Pinterest and would like to join the fun you can request and invite on their site or just let me know, I can send you an invite!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Thanks for the tip...I've heard of this but didn't know what it was. I get so caught up in the here and now I forget that the rest of the internet is moving at lightening speed! I'm going to check this out! Thanks.

Lauren Loeffel said...

those ham and cheese sliders look delish! I love Pintrest, too. It keeps me busy lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...