5.05.2011

Day 1: Introduce, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts

It’s Day 1 of my 30 day challenge which means today I’ll be introducing myself:

Hello, name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die! 

Ok, so I'm not Inigo Montoya and you didn't kill my father...I'm Julie and I'm a Dr. Pepper-aholic.

Showing you a recent picture of myself – this was really hard to do because I’m always the one holding the camera and I’ve never mastered the skill of the self photo. 

This picture has convinced me that I shouldn’t ever pull ALL of my hair back, I need to leave some hanging out the front to cover my five-head.

15 Interesting Facts – do these all have to be interesting facts about me or just random facts…I don’t know so you might just end up with some useless trivia or re-runs from my about me page because I doubt I can think of 15 interesting things about me.

  1. I am 5 ft. 1 ½ inches tall but I tell people I’m only 5 ft because for some reason I think that makes me sound “cuter”
  2. My favorite band is Metallica – On my wedding day, I walked down the aisle to an instrumental version of Nothing Else Matters.
  3. I got my husband into watching College Football – the first few years we were dating I would watch football and he would leave the room
  4. I hate basketball because it’s so squeaky – if you’re not sure what I’m talking about it’s the shoes squeaking on the court…drives me bonkers.
  5. I gained 40lbs while I was pregnant. I’m pretty sure half of that was in my boobs, the other half was on my face.
  6. Speaking of boobs, I hate mine. My mom calls them Barbie-Boobs, not because they’re plastic but because they don’t match the rest of my body.
  7. My best friend and I send each other the same pickle shaped birthday card every year. We’ve been buying the same one for probably 10 years now. Inside it says “betcha didn’t expect to get a paper pickle for your birthday” which is silly because we both totally expect it.
  8. I have a serious case of “potty-mouth”, I curse like a sailor! I’m trying very hard to stop now so that I don’t have a little one dropping the F-Bomb – that wouldn’t be cute.
  9. My husband & I date for 8 years before we finally got married.
  10. I planned and in most cases created every single thing for our wedding. It was so much fun, I really miss it and even considered being a wedding planner or some such thing for awhile afterward.
  11. I hate my job – not the people or the company but the actual work why I ever decided that accounting was a good idea is beyond me.
  12. My first car was a year older than I was. It was an ugly brown Cutlass Supreme that I named Dookie because it was a brown, piece of…well, you know.
  13. I’m originally from Knoxville, TN. I moved to Charleston all by myself when I finished college without knowing a soul in town.
  14. I spend my lunch hour every day walking around town with my camera looking for “cool stuff”
  15.  I say awesome and dude like I’m a teenager. Mix that in with my incessant y’alls and I’m pretty sure I sound like a total dope to people who don’t know me (and maybe some who do)
Phew! So there's your 15 facts, they may not be all that interesting but they're facts and they're all about me. {and I didn't even cheat and recycle any}

Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...