5.24.2011

Day 19: Something you miss


Naps – I’ve always been a sleeper. My mom has always said I was the best baby because I was such a good sleeper. And in turn, I’ve said the same thing about Sassy Pants; she started sleeping through the night at 4 weeks old.

Before I was a Momma, I had a fairly regular weekend habit of laying on the couch snuggled with one of our mutts and taking a nap. That hasn’t happened in quite some time now – 8 months to be exact.

Sassy Pants good napper too but somehow I’ve not been able to get in on naptime.

When I try to get her to nap with me, she’d much rather pull my hair, necklace, clothing, you name it, or show me her new trick of sitting up then falling backwards (which she finds hilarious), or practice her back-bends. But 5 minutes on the couch with Daddy and it’s lights out {for both of them}!



And of course, after they’re both asleep I think about all the stuff I should be doing and there’s no nap for Momma. 

As much as I don’t want to rush Sassy’s growing up, I’m really looking forward to the Saturday when she can get up, get herself some Cheerio’s , and entertain herself so that I can at least sleep until 8:30 – later would be great but right now an extra 2 hours sleep on Saturday morning would suit me just fine!



Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...